Like every year it was once again online sales war during the festive season amongst the e commerce giants – Amazon, Flipkart & Snapdeal. Flipkart Big Billion Day Sales Figures 2016 was much awaited. The company has had troubled season of the Big Billion Day in the past with technicals unable to keep in pace with the marketing and sales surge during the period.
Flipkart Statement on Big Billion Day Sales Figures 2016:
Answering everyone’s queries on the sales numbers, Flipkart’s CEO Binny Bansal revealed the Day 1 sales figures to media and claimed an undisputed leadership. The sales numbers for Flipkart owned Myntra and Jabong were clubbed in the statement. “We have had a flawless Big Billion Days this year. Starting from marketing, merchandising to supply chain and technology, all teams came together to deliver and the results have been stunning. Some of the key landmarks of the sale was when we made a history in the Indian e-Commerce by crossing 1400 crore in a day. Big Billion Days is nothing without the billion people of the country. We dream of making all wishes affordable, and these are only initial steps in that direction.” Said Binny Bansal – CEO, Flipkart.
Flipkart Big Billion Day Sales Figures 2016 (Day 1 Sale only)
- Total Units – Flipkart + Myntra + Jabong – 15.5 million
- 99% of all units were above Rs. 200 selling price/ 95% above Rs. 300 selling price
- The shopping cart of one lakh customers exceeded Rs. 50,000 (Total units sold includes only physical goods and does not include virtual membership and low cost items)
- Number of smart phones sold – 2.5 million. More smartphones sold in five days than entire sales of mobile phones in India in a week
- LED televisions sold on Flipkart in five days exceeded the entire sales of LED TVs by organised retail in 45 days
- Three out of every four apparel sold online were sold on their platforms
- The company has crossed their internal targets by 40%
- Sales on October 3 on Flipkart crosses Rs. 1400 crores – highest in history. Sales on Flipkart alone on October 3rd crosses single day sales of organised retail in India
If we believe Flipkart’s claim, this is simply astonishing fact that the company sold goods worth more than a single day sale of organised retail in India on just 3rd Oct 2016.
Way to go Indian e-Commerce.