It has now been quiet sometime since I went to Delhi for JIMS GDPI but now I feel like jotting down my experience overthere (after all it my blog, right). So here I am sharing my GDPI experience at JIMS, Rohini.
On reaching the institute the candidates were asked to sit in a hall which had admission cell people working with papers. The candidates who filled the hard copy of the form were required to report of their presence and wait for their turn. Those who applied online were given a similar form to fill before their process. I filled the hard copy of the form.
The candidates were then called for GD or PI in batches of 10-15. My batch was of around 12 candidates.
My group was first called for GD. There were two moderators. One of them was talking to the candidates and probably the other was evaluating everything. We were first asked to introduce our self. The those who didn’t has any writing material were provided with the same. The topic was ‘Is it the right time to invest in shares ?’
We were given two minutes to jot down the points and then the discussion began. After about 10 mins of discussion, one of the moderators announced that we had 2 more minutes left to conclude the GD. When the GD ended, those who didn’t speak at all were given a chance to put forward their views about the topic. The moderators were quite generous.
We were back in the hall and after sometime my group was called for PI.
There were around 5 panels of Interviews. It was simply based on luck that which panel will you face. The room which got empty first was where the next candidate was supposed to go.
I faced PI Panel # 1 which had the Director-General of the institute, Maheswari Sir, and a lady beside him. The interview was completely concerned with the corporate world.
I remember few questions from the interview :
1) You are from Science background and you have done exceptionally well in academics (X-80%, XII-85%, Graduation-74%). Why do you want to go for management ?
2) You study in a renowned University, BHU. Why don’t you go for MBA overt there ?
3) Why don’t you go for other institutes in Varanasi itself ?
4) What do you think is you strength ? Do you have any evidence to prove this ?
5) Where do you see after completing your MBA ? Be specific in position and company.
6) Who is the CEO of Biocon India Ltd ?
7) Why was Ranbaxy in news recently ?
8 ) What problem do you think is America facing ?
9) How will the sub-prime crisis in America effect India ? Will it hit only the software sector or other sectors too ?
10) Which paper do you read ? Why don’t you read Economic Times ? Tell me a business headline in the last 5 days.
11) Don’t you think that you will face problems in studying Economics and stuff like that ?
……………and there were many more.
All my answers were 100% correct and upto the mark. It was an interview out of my dreams. Exactly the one I was expecting and was prepared for. And this may be the reason why I converted the call.